If a student wishes to apply for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan, the individual must be assessed for academic suitability to undertake a high level VET qualification.
This academic assessment is IN ADDITION to any entry requirements that may be required for the specific course a student wishes to undertake.
A student must:
1 .Provide a copy of the student’s senior secondary certificate of education that has been awarded by an Australian agency or authority of a state or territory for the completion of Year 12
2. Undertake a reading and numeracy assessment using an approved assessment tool and display competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Cores Skills Framework (ACSF).
The assessment tool used will be LLN Robot testing. The student will be provided with log-in access to complete the test; the test is invigilated. The required LLN assessment will require the student to act with honesty and integrity.
Frontier Education must be confident that the student has the required skills. If a student undertakes a reading and numeracy assessment, Skills Training Australia will inform the student of his/her results as soon as practicable after the assessment
3. Provide a copy of diploma awarded for the student’s completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
4. Provide evidence of successful completion of a qualification of a qualification that has been delivered in English and:
● was at Level 4 or above qualification in the Australian Qualifications Framework and the course for the qualification was delivered in English.
● assessed by a Federal, State or Territory government agency which assesses overseas qualifications (or an organisation contracted by such an agency to undertake such assessments), as equivalent or comparable to: a qualification in the AQF at level 4 or above, or a qualification at a level in a framework that preceded the AQF, equivalent to level 4 or above in the AQF.
If a student is not able to meet one of these requirements, the student will not be eligible to apply for a Commonwealth VSL.
Please refer to the VET Student Loans – Student Entry Policy for further information.
Note: If students wish to supply their senior secondary certificate of education, but have lost or mislaid it, they may be able to order a replacement for a fee. Please visit the relevant education site for further information:
|Australian Capital Territory||www.bsss.act.edu.au|
|New South Wales||www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au|